It should come as no surprise that alcohol and drugs affect one’s life terribly. Though it seems difficult to imagine but these substances can change everything from your body to your bank account. Health complications, accidental injuries, altered brain chemistry, legal issues, financial problems, broken relationships and death are some of the deadly consequences.
We are not saying that you haven’t heard about these side effects earlier, but we would like to ask, how much do you really know? What you take as fun or an escape from this world can shatter your world with no path to come back. Drugs may help you feel better at the moment but they’re causing long-term damage you aren’t aware of.
Before reaching for that bottle, pipes or pills, take a few minutes and discover some really important aspects of drug abuse.
1. Marijuana : Though benign, it does have its share of psychological effects.
2. Ecstasy : Known as the ‘love drug’, it is very seductive. Once addicted, quitting it is quite a battle.
3. Benzodiazepines : Minor tranquilizer, which is difficult to get off once tolerance starts to build up.
4. Methadone : Carries low risk of addiction but has potential to stop an individual’s breathing.
5. Amphetamines : Creates rapid tolerance, intense cravings and can even lead to panic attacks.
6. Cocaine : Causes intense cravings. It can take a person close to heart attack & respiratory problems.
7. Bath salts : Relatively cheap alternative that damages kidney, liver and breakdowns skeletal muscle tissue.
8. Methamphetamine : Makes the user alert and hyperactive. It can destroy body in every possible way.
9. Heroin : Causes intense cravings and users are unable to experience good feelings without it, once addicted.
10. Crack cocaine: Gives instant pleasure and energy. Getting addicted to it is as easy as counting numbers.
1. Peer pressure: It is a powerful force at every stage of life but affects mostly during adolescence. Peer pressure comes as the devil in sheep’s clothes. Saying no have painful consequences that range from being humiliated to being laughed at; from getting rejected to getting bullied.
2. To feel grown-up: ‘I am not a kid anymore’ has become frequent mantra of adolescents. They are charmed by things that make them feel like adults, which takes them towards smoking, drinking and drugs.
3. Modeling parents’ behavior: Growing up with parents who abuse drugs or alcohol is probably the worst thing possible to a child. Not only they imbibe these habits but also mimic their parents’ behavior under the influence.
4. Curiosity: Curiosity is a very seductive temptress. Puberty commences with the desire to try new things and explore the world. The urge to find out, how it feels after being drunk or high, is quite strong. Unfortunately, too many youngsters end up involving with alcohol and drugs.
5. Boredom: ‘Idle hands are the devil’s tools’ and ‘idle mind is the devil’s playground’, these are not just sayings but a sort of warning in themselves. Boredom often gets people into troubles. Passing the time with a few bottles of beers and tasting those drugs are a slippery slope to addiction.
6. Emotional pain: People, hit by emotions and its effects, are vulnerable to alcohol and drug abuse. They know that getting drunk or high will numb or ease the pain and provide them a shelter of escape. However, they don’t realize when these toxic substances start doing much more than shutting out the world for a while.
7. Rebellion: Teens or youngsters with strict, nagging or overprotective parents lash out in a passive-aggressive manner. Instead of opening about their frustrations to their parents’, they rebel by using drugs or alcohol.
8. Ignorance: Sad but true, most teens can’t differentiate between good and bad. Experimenting with these deadly substances is something they take as fun or consider their right. They think that everyone who’s doing it is enjoying and they are the only ones who are missing out. This bliss of ignorance eventually show its ugly side in future.
9. Stress & anxiety: Stress is an inevitable part of life. Everyone has their own way to reach out to it. While some ‘roll with the punches’, others feel defeated or overwhelmed. This inability to cope up with situations develop stress & anxiety which results in substance abuse to feel better.
Want to keep away from this horrible world? Check out our blog on 10 nutritional foods that will help you stay at bay from drug abuse: Say No To Drug Abuse With 10 Simply Nutritional Food
Don’t miss out reading our upcoming blog on ‘The effects of substance abuse’
It is common knowledge that COVID-19 is a global pandemic. Since then, there have been several developments regarding prevention, treatment and cure of the SARS COVID-19 virus. However, there is…
“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.” - Herophilus Independence Day, 4th July, every year…
Each night when we sleep our body goes through several stages of sleep and wakefulness. Human sleep usually consists of NREM (Non Rapid Eye Movement) sleep and REM (Rapid Eye…
Ever heard goats craving for intercourse? Ever thought goats could be the reason behind a herb’s name? Nope? You will now, thanks to this exclusive blog we have created for…
Beauty products and cosmetics are high priced luxuries. You get a little amount in tiny packages after spending a huge sum of money. The reason behind this is that these…