Breakfast provides charge to the body and brain after an overnight fast. Skipping breakfast is similar to starting the car without fuel. To carry out everyday tasks with activeness minus the dozy feeling, starting the day with healthy breakfast is very important.
Studies say that people who eat breakfast regularly tend to be less overweight. Moreover, they remain within their ideal weight range and have slim waistline as well. Remember, when you skip the breakfast, you reach for fatty snacks and high sugar eatables mid-morning.
Take a look at 5 healthy and delicious breakfast recipes that will help you start the day with cheerful mood.
1. Cauliflower Hash Browns
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Grate cauliflower until shredded. Transfer it to a medium bowl and add onion, cheddar, egg and cornstarch. Use salt and pepper to season it.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Now add spoonfuls of cauliflower mixture and shape it into a patty. Cook until it turns brown and crispy. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes. Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture.
2. South of the Border Breakfast Wrap
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 large Whole Grain Tortilla
- .17 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ c. grape tomatoes
Whisk egg, cilantro, egg white, chili powder and 0.125 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cook egg mixture for 3 minutes, stir frequently. Now place tortilla on large plate.
Cover it with damp paper towel; microwave 30 seconds on high. Add eggs to tortilla along with avocado, tomatoes and cilantro leaves.
3. Baked oats
- 40g plain porridge oats
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp sweetener
- 100g raspberries
- ½ pot of vanilla yogurt
- A few drops of vanilla essence
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. In a bowl, mix the porridge, egg, raspberries, sweetener, yogurt and stir well. Now transfer the mixture to a small oven-proof dish and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until it turns brown.
Enjoy with lots of speed free food fruits.
4. Eggs Benedict
- 225g fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp fat free natural fromage frais
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 poached eggs
- 4 slices wholemeal toast from a 400g loaf
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- 4 slices ham, all visible fat removed
Take a large pan and place spinach with lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Drain off the juice and keep warm.
Prepare sauce by seasoning fromage frais with tarragon, little salt and black pepper. Heat gently for a minute or two until warm.
Assemble by placing a slice of toast and covering with a slice of ham. Now pile on the spinach and top with a poached egg. Spoon over the sauce and enjoy.
5. Super-Charged Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 tsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks (no sugar added), partially thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed ice (about 3 – 4 ice cubes)
- 1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Truvia)
- 1/4 oz. (about 1 tbsp.) sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped seeded (or seedless) peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (no sugar added), partially thawed
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp. shredded sweetened coconut
Stir chia seeds into 1/2 cup water. Let it thicken for 5 minutes. Now transfer the chia mixture to a blender. Add mango, sweetener, cucumber, strawberries and ice. Blend at high speed until smooth. Stop and stir if required.
Transfer the content into a bowl and swirl in yogurt. Top it with almonds, raspberries and coconut.
Try these amazing recipes and begin every morning with yummy breakfast that will keep you going active and charged.